Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tea!

Though the tea plantations are closed for the season, we were not deterred in our quest to procure genuine Kangra Valley tea.

The Kangra Valley is downhill from Dharamsala, and is a microclimate that produces some great teas. I first had a cup of Kangra Valley tea during my last trip to Dharamsala in August of '09, and that cup of tea rocked my world.

We asked our uber-capable guide, Dawa, to find a source of Kangra tea in Dharamsala, and sure enough, he did. Many of us staggered out of that store under the weight (OK - so it really wasn't much weight, though it was bulky) of our treasured tea. Perhaps some of you will enjoy Kangra Valley tea this Winter?

To those back home, you're definitely in our thoughts!

Namaste,

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott, I am traveling with you from my computer in Madison and have my cup of tea right here next to me as I read about your quest for tea. Ummm how lovely it must be to drink your tea in India!!! Please keep up the wonderful travel log and photos(!) The theme of my class this week will be 'What are you hungry for' and I know that I am Hungry for all the news of everyone's India adventure with you!! Please give my best wishes to all, special hello to Mary, Betta, and YOU. Namaste, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - love a good tea. Is this black yea?

    ReplyDelete