Monday, November 29, 2010

Magic in the Mountains

Hi from magical Dharamsala. Driving up the winding mountain road, is it a mirage? a cloud? It sparkles white here and there. It's real, oh my gosh, it's mountain peaks, the Himalayas! A silence comes over the bus riders in awe of the majestic beauty right before our eyes, grander than our imaginations.

Kelly and I just came back from a walk through the woods to Shimla, a tiny town just above McLeod Ganj, to get closer to the peaks. Our hotel is above 5-star. We have lovely rooms that overlook the mountains, some with balconies perfect for relaxing with chai and just being here. It is a dream. How did I ever get here? It's all so magical. I think I have a little mountain high and it's great. Love to you all, especially my beautiful son, Peter, and my lovely husband, John.

I don't know when I'll post again, but I'm thinking of you. I trust you had a wonderful weekend.

Love,
M

1 comment:

  1. Sounds simply beautiful and wonderful Sweetheart. I'm so happy for you. I know I'm missing something magical/special, but I'm comfortable having stayed behind. Peter got back to NYC alright. It will be fun getting out of here tomorrow so I don't miss you so much. Seeing all the blogs sure helps give me a total picture of the trip and your experiences. Hugs and kisses,
    Honey

    ReplyDelete