Monday, October 11, 2010

Interesting Reading

I am reading a fun India travelogue called Bitten by the Bullet - Motorcycle Adventures in India, by Steve Krzystyniak and Karen Goa. As many of you know, I love motorcycles; perhaps as much as I love travel in India. This book combines both those loves!

They spend a great deal of time in Rajasthan, and have this to say:

In Rajasthan, the opportunities to change foreign currency into rupees are few and far between, and the number of shops accepting credit cards can be counted on the fingers of one hand. In isolated places like Bundi and Chittorgarh, Lily and I discovered that there was no way to change any sort of foreign currency into rupees, much less get a cash advance on a credit card.

We'll be in a larger city, so will have more access to the international banking system, though I this reminds us that we're going to be traveling far from the ubiquity of ATMs!

I'm so excited to travel with you all - our trip rapidly approaches!

Namaste,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment