Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beasts of burden?

Would you willing to carry some books to Nepal? My daughter's 4th grade teacher was in Nepal last Summer, and made connections with some schools that desperately need textbooks. Janice has been collecting texts ever since, and is looking for people to carry these books to Nepal.

If you are only taking one checked bag, would you consider taking a second bag?

I'll be taking one, and am planning to jettison it in Delhi on the first day. When we swing back thru Delhi on our way to Kathmandu, we can reclaim these book-bags, and get 'em to Nepal. There may be a small charge for the second bag on this Delhi-Kathmandu flight, though I'm considering that a small donation toward a young person's education.

1 comment:

  1. Count me in! Is there anything I need to do other than bring an additional bag this Sunday?

    David

    ReplyDelete